Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The "Escape"

As I was driving yesterday I saw a Ford Escape and it brought back a memory of one of the greatest decisions of my life. I now find it completely ironic that the rental car I secured that day was indeed a Ford Escape, because in my eyes that is exactly what I was doing. I was escaping a life that was suppressing me in so many ways and went in search of something better.

I packed that Escape to the max put my son in the front seat, the only room left, and headed west. I feel like every place I had been yet in my life was no comparison to where it was going and in my heart I knew right where I was supposed to be. I was scared of the unknown but knew without a doubt that anything was better than what I was leaving behind.

Since that day I have changed in ways I never thought, battled myself and others and then finally realized that changing my location was just the first step in moving on with my life. I had work to do! I had the determination and desire to make a better life and I am still working, only with a different outlook than ever before and trusting like I never thought I would.

My story of the days before my "Escape" will follow and for anyone who has ever feared, ever doubted their strength to overcome stay tuned!

~W


The Beginning of our Great Adventure

2 comments: